Title: Process Engineer - Kemper County Generating Facility
Location: Mississippi-Kemper County
Other Locations: Mississippi-Kemper County
Job Number: MPC2000503
Kemper County Generating Facility, a state of the art IGCC Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) plant located in Kemper County, MS, is currently seeking candidates for the position of Process Engineer. This position is responsible for applying first engineering principles and direct unit operation experience in support of the safe and reliable operation of the Kemper County Integrated Gasification Combine Cycle.
* B.S. or advanced degree in Chemical Engineering is required.
* Mechanical Engineers with significant process engineering/operations experience will be considered.
* Ability to use software such as Maximo, OIS, PI, Aspen, UniSim, MathCad, pneumatic conveying flow programs, etc is desired.
* A minimum of 10 years operation and maintenance experience in one or more of the following areas is desired:
* Gasification or other advanced power generation technologies applicable to IGCCs.
* Fixed bed catalytic reactors.
* Multistage separation processes (stripping, scrubbing, absorption). Specific experience with acid gas removal, sulfur recovery, and/or sour water processing is desired.
* Process integration and optimization of multistage compressors.
* Large scale, plant project management experience required.
Major Job Responsibilities:
* Provide specialized technical expertise/leadership for assigned areas during plant construction, commissioning and commercial operation.
* Serve as startup lead for assigned area(s). This includes developing detailed equipment, integrated component, and system level startup plans for assigned area(s); as well as, developing turnover packages, test packages and startup procedures.
* Serve as technical expert for commercial operation capable of applying first engineering principles to optimize process performance. This includes ensuring the plant as a whole and individual unit operations are operating in a safe manner, at optimum conditions and at the right rate to meet production requirements. Typical duties would include such things as balancing the performance / deactivation of catalyst with its expected life; optimizing pump around and steam rates to minimize station service, and monitoring performance of absorbers to look for signs of fouling, channeling, poor flow distribution or pressure drop increases.
* Observe, measure, report data and communicate corrective actions to Operations personnel to ensure compliance with environmental requirements.
* Serve as system owner for assigned area(s). This includes development of maintenance strategies and management of O&M/capital improvement projects to maximize reliability and performance.
* Must be a self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to handle complex, pressure situations and be adaptable to a changing work environment.
* Must be able to provide Operation's support on a 24/7 schedule, including holiday work when necessary.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Must exhibit behaviors that are described in Southern Style.
* Relocation assistance is available
* Competitive Pay
* Excellent benefits packages which includes:
* Medical and dental coverage
* Defined Benefit Pension plan
* Performance-sharing plan
* 401(k) plan with a generous company match
* Bonus opportunities
* Tuition Reimbursement
Mississippi Power a subsidiary of Southern Company, serves southeast Mississippi. We have a history of customer and community service, economic development leadership, environmental stewardship and employee involvement.
With 4.4 million customers and more than 42,000 megawatts of generating capacity, Atlanta-basedSouthern Company(NYSE:SO) is the premier energy company serving the Southeast. A leading U.S. producer of electricity, Southern Company owns Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power, SouthernLINC Wireless and Southern Telecom. Southern Company also has a growing competitive generation company. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and retail electric prices below the national average. Southern Company is consistently listed among the top U.S. electric service providers in customer satisfaction by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
We offer a competitive compensation package. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Operating Company: Mississippi Power Company
Work Location(s): Kemper County plant-5835 Highway 493