Title: Gas Analysis Technician - Kemper Generating Facility
Location: Mississippi-Kemper County
Other Locations: Mississippi-Kemper County
Job Number: MPC2000494
Kemper County Generating Facility, a state of the art IGCC Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) power production plant located in Kemper County, MS, is currently seeking candidates for the position of Gas Analysis Technician. This position is responsible for calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of gas analyzers and emissions monitoring technologies in a coal gasification environment.
* An approved two-year technical degree from a certified technical institution or equivalent highly desired.
* A minimum of two - five years experience with design, maintenance, and calibration of gas analyzers is required.
* Experience with gas chromatograph (GC) calibration and maintenance is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of rack mounted analyzers manufactured by various companies such as Rosemount, Siemens, Ametek, or M&C.
* Knowledge of gas sampling systems including probes, piping/tubing, sample line routing through industrial environments, etc.
* Experience with process or laboratory gas chromatographs is a plus.
* Must have good problem solving and analytical skills necessary to determine current / future operating conditions and trends for optimizing plant performance.
* Must have superior interpersonal skills, proven written and oral communication skills; ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
* Knowledge of combined cycle/power plant operations is desired, but not essential.
* Successful completion of the Technical Aptitude Test for Gas Analysis Technicians
* Must be familiar with standard PC based software such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
* Must be a self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to handle complex, pressure situations and be adaptable to a changing work environment.
* Must be able to support a 24/7 schedule, including holiday and back shift work when necessary.
* Must exhibit behaviors that are described in Southern Style.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of gas analyzers, gas detectors and emissions monitoring equipment.
* Manage the inventory for parts and supplies for the gas analysis/detection systems.
* Maintain plant maintenance records in a computer based work order system (Maximo®).
* Participate in the plant maintenance program as a system owner.
* MPC Kemper IGCC operates 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Gas Analysis Technicians may be required to work a 12-hour rotating shift. Successful candidates must be able to work rotating shifts (including holidays) and must be available for scheduled and unscheduled overtime as conditions of employment.
* Relocation assistance is available
* Competitive Pay
* Excellent benefits packages which includes:
* Medical and dental coverage
* Defined Benefit Pension plan
* Performance-sharing plan
* 401(k) plan with a generous company match
* Bonus opportunities
* Tuition Reimbursement
Mississippi Power a subsidiary of Southern Company, serves southeast Mississippi. We have a history of customer and community service, economic development leadership, environmental stewardship and employee involvement.
With 4.4 million customers and more than 42,000 megawatts of generating capacity, Atlanta-basedSouthern Company(NYSE:SO) is the premier energy company serving the Southeast. A leading U.S. producer of electricity, Southern Company owns Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power, SouthernLINC Wireless and Southern Telecom. Southern Company also has a growing competitive generation company. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and retail electric prices below the national average. Southern Company is consistently listed among the top U.S. electric service providers in customer satisfaction by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
We offer a competitive compensation package. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job: Power Plant Operations & Maintenance
Operating Company: Mississippi Power Company
Work Location(s): Kemper County plant-5835 Highway 493