Southern Company Engineer (Plant Hatch) in Baxley, Georgia
Engineer (Plant Hatch)
If you want to make an impact, then we want YOU!
Want to use your skills to make a difference in your community every single day ? Then join the Southern Nuclear team that’s improving the lives of our neighbors in Alabama and Georgia. We operate six units for Alabama Power and Georgia Power that generate vital energy for our communities:
· The Joseph M. Farley Nuclear Plant near Dothan, Ala.
· The Edwin I. Hatch Nuclear Plant near Baxley, Ga.
· The Alvin W. Vogtle Electric Generating Plant near Waynesboro, Ga.
We’re also building the future of energy with two new nuclear units currently under construction at Plant Vogtle. And we’re leading the charge on the research and development of the next generation of nuclear reactors – all for the benefit of our customers.
Thanks to our people, we’ve earned our place as an energy leader. If YOU want to want make a positive impact in your community and be part of the team that’s taking our industry to new levels of excellence, then we want YOU!
Engineer – Plant Hatch
We have openings for Electrical, Civil and Mechanical Engineers at Plant Hatch (Nuclear Power Plant in Baxley, GA).
Design, System and Program engineers duties include the following:
System Engineer duties include developing and updating system health reports, creating action plans, and monitoring and trending system performance. Monitoring plans are developed, maintained, and executed to ensure effective prediction of degrading structures, systems, and components. Support the work management process to ensure necessary work on assigned systems is prioritized and scheduled to support high levels of reliability. Ensure proper configuration control of assigned systems.
Plant Support Engineer duties include monitoring and trending program equipment. Identify and correct degrading equipment trends and/or problems. Ensure program compliance with codes, standards, and regulations. Determine and implement better testing methodologies as new
technology emerges. Provide code and program expertise. Develop and update health reports for selected programs. Improve preventive maintenance tasks based on corrective actions and monitoring. Perform and/or assist with surveillance testing. Conduct material program examinations.
Design Engineer duties include preparation / coordination of designs, calculations, drawings, cost estimates and schedules for plant modifications and retrofits. Work involves field walk downs for constructability and some construction coordination.
Engineers at Southern Nuclear may have opportunities to manage special projects. Also, engineers typically take key refueling outage assignments.
Future developmental assignments in operations, maintenance, training, or quality assurance often prepare engineers for supervisory and management positions. Engineering assignments typically include on-call duty engineer and emergency plan response requirements.
BS in Engineering or PE License required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· A background in engineering with working knowledge of applicable discipline codes, standards and regulatory requirements related to the nuclear power industry.
· An ability to solve problems and make sound engineering decisions, based on experience and appropriate industry practices, in order to make timely decisions which might impact plant safety and reliability.
· Working knowledge in BWR Systems, structures and components preferred.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven organizational skills with ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
· Capable of working efficiently and effectively across organizations.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft office products, specifically WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT.
· Accepts ownership of assigned programs, projects, and tasks.
· Develops strategy for optimum use of resources.
· Manages financial performance to control costs.
· Works through conflicts to create win/win situations.
· Holds self and others accountable for results.
· Values diversity and respects the dignity of every individual.
· Assumes personal responsibility for individual and company successes.
Please note: Limited relocation assistance may be offered.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is a super-regional energy company with more than 32,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Southeast. It is one of the largest producers of electricity in the U.S. Southern Company is the parent firm of Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Savannah Electric, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power, Southern Company GAS, Southern LINC and Southern Telecom.
FORTUNE magazine has named Southern Company "most admired" electric and gas utility in America for the last three years. Southern Company brands are synonymous with excellent customer service, high reliability, and prices that are 15 percent below the national average.
We offer a competitive compensation package. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Field: Engineering
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Central Georgia-Baxley
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Hatch - 11028 Hatch Parkway, North (11028BAXLEY)
11028 Hatch Parkway, North
Req ID: SNC2004626